Claims Service: Work Injury Compensation
PROTECTING YOUR INTEREST
Because Insurance agents play such a vital role in the purchase and sale of insurance, it is important to protect their role in the market place. Inxpress Insurance Agency Pte Ltd work to ensure that all our customer’s data are protected and we provide a wide range of alternative risk management strategies for our valued clients.
Work Injury Compensation
Important Changes to the Work Injury Compensation Act with effect from 1 April 2008
- Workmen’s Compensation Act is renamed to Work Injury Compensation Act
- Extends to cover all employees (no salary cap on manual and non manual workers)
- Removal of sub-limits on employer’s liability for hospital charges
Subsequent changes to the Work Injury Compensation Act with effect from 1 June 2012
- Employers are liable to pay work injury compensation for medical expenses incurred within one year or up to a cap of $30,000, whichever is reached earlier
For more information please refer to MOM website : www.mom.gov.sg/iReport.
- Please notify us immediately upon discovery of any potential loss which may give rise to a claim under the policy, and take reasonable measures to mitigate the loss.
- Any failure to report a work-related accident is an offence which carries a fine of up to $5,000 for a first-time offence and a fine of up to $10,000 and/or a jail term of up to six months for subsequent offences.
To ensure prompt processing of your claim, it is important that you submit to us a completed claim form, together with the required supporting documents. The claims department will respond to all new claims within two days.
Applicable supporting documents
- Completed respective insurers Claim Form.
- A copy of the iReport submitted to the Ministry of Manpower.
- Original medical bills and medical certificates.
- A copy of the Work Permit/Employment Pass for foreign employees.
- A copy of the Medical Report/Inpatient Discharge Summary of your injured employee.
- A copy of the Death Certificate, if the accident resulted in the death of your employee.
- Salary Vouchers 12 months before accident.
If the injured person is an employee of a sub-contractor engaged in project work, please let us have the following:
- A copy of the contractual agreement between the insured, sub-contractor(s) and/or main contractor.
- A copy of the sub-contractor’s and/or main contractor’s Work Injury Compensation Insurance Policy.
Please note that we reserve the right to request additional documents from you should the need arise.