Claims Service: Marine Cargo
PROTECTING YOUR INTEREST
Because Insurance agents play such a vital role in the purchase and sale of insurance, it is important to protect their role in the market place. Inxpress Insurance Agency Pte Ltd work to ensure that all our customer’s data are protected and we provide a wide range of alternative risk management strategies for our valued clients.
Marine Insurance and marine cargo insurance cover the loss or damage of ships at sea or on inland waterways, and of the cargo that may be on them. When the owner of the cargo and the carrier are separate corporations, marine cargo insurance typically compensates the owner of cargo for losses sustained from fire, shipwreck, etc., but excludes losses that can be recovered from the carrier or the carrier’s insurance. Many marine insurance underwriters will include “time element” coverage in such policies, which extends the indemnity to cover loss of profit and other business expenses attributable to the delay caused by a covered loss.
The insured must take reasonable measures to avert or mitigate a loss, and act as a prudent self-insured party.
To ensure prompt processing of your claim, it is important that you take the above precautionary steps and submit to us details of your claim, together with the required supporting documents. We will respond to all new claims within two days
Applicable supporting documents
- Original Policy(s) & Certificate of Insurance/Bill of Landing or Airway Bill.
- Commercial Invoice/Packing List/Delivery Note or Receipt or Order.
- Correspondence exchanged between the Carriers or other Bailees.
- Cargo Irregularity Report or Cargo Clearance Permit.
- Survey Report (Loading & Discharge, if applicable).
- Landing Weight Certificate or Weight Note.
- Repair/Replacement Invoice.
- Any other relevant document evidencing the Loss or Damage.
Please note that we reserve the right to request additional documents from you should the need arise.